FAQ - how to recruit software channel partners ?
What is SoftReseller?
- Software Resellers is the marketplace dedicated exclusively to building business contacts between creators of software (ISVs) and solution providers (VARs, distributors, consultants, SIs..) that is intended to build new sales channels.
On what principle does SoftReseller work?
- Software Resellers is a search engine and lead generation directory of software partner programs. It represents a dual-combination of passive and active acquisition of channel partners. We present your software partner program to thousands of targeted Software Resellers visitors - your potential channel partners. We will also select customized contacts for you from our database of 2131 registered resellers and inform them of your new partner program.
Who is Software Resellers for?
- SoftReseller is dedicated to each vendor of a quality software product who is looking for solution providers (like resellers, value added resellers, sales influencer, distributors, wholesalers, dealers, system integrators or OEM partners) for commercial or technical representation of their products in new areas, market segments or countries.
Why should you present your partner program actively?
- Most partnerships are not the result of a purposeful reseller search but an offer made by a vendor. If, for example, you are a small software company, very few solution providers will purposely seek your name out for a partnership. You need to present your partner program actively!
How much does it cost to sign up with SoftReseller?
- Software Resellers is based on a prepaid, pay-per-click principle. So you pay only for the actual number of unique views on your partner program rather than for the good feeling of having your program published somewhere out there. Your potential channel partner will first view the basic preview about your partner program, which is free. That means you pay only after a serious party clicks and views the details of your partner program. We do not charge any commission or hidden fees. Now even the smallest software authors have the possibility of finding serious channel partners for their software, without having to pay for costly consulting, PR or assistance services. See subscription programs overview.
How is the display of my software partner program protected from misuse?
- The Software Resellers system has implemented protection against intentional reload viewing of your partner program. You can be certain that you are paying only for unique views – meaning always new customers.
What is the ActivePromo function and how does it work?
- The ActivePromo function is a function that notifies selected resellers in a sophisticated way of your partner program based on thematic matching. Our database of resellers contains more than 2131 valuable contacts – solution providers who have requested to be actively informed of new partner programs. It is a very valuable and up-to-date database of demands to represent new software products. The ActivePromo function is provided free of charge with the prepaid subscription programs.
What's the difference between ActivePromo database and ContactIT Database ?
Active promo reseller database is gathered by the form on SoftReseller portal. The resellers gave us permission to inform them once a week by email about new partner programs. On the other hand, ContactIT database is list of software solution providers (like VARs, distributors, integrators, retailers) collected by our research on internet.
What happens when my campaign on SoftReseller expires?
- Your participation on Software Resellers is not tied to any commitment. After your prepaid views expire, we will send you an informative e-mail and your partner program will be automatically deactivated. It is solely up to you whether or not you want to continue your campaign and continue promoting your software partner program.
For which software categories is the Software Resellers campaign designed?
- The Software Resellers campaign is designed for authors or developers of any software products, but mainly:
- Business and enterprise software
- Technical software and special systems
- Internet applications
- E-learning applications
- Mobile solutions
- Games and Multimedia
- Home applications
- and others
Where are visitors to SoftReseller from and what are their demographics?
- Software Resellers is promoted in narrowly specified thematic media focused on initiating software partnerships. The vast majority of visitors are attracted thanks to a targeted Adwords campaign, SEO and promotion at exhibitions, technical e-zines, conferences and magazines. The primary group of visitors is comprised of upper management of companies that deal in software sales.